|
Creature Fear
|
"Not the needle, nor the thread, the lost decree. Saying nothing, that's enough for me." Woods by paumatias Archive January 2010 February 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 August 2011 September 2011 October 2011 November 2011 December 2011 January 2012 February 2012 March 2012 April 2012 May 2012 June 2012 July 2012 August 2012 September 2012 October 2012 November 2012 December 2012 January 2013 February 2013 March 2013 April 2013 May 2013 July 2013 August 2013 October 2013 January 2014 March 2015 August 2015 July 2017 March 2019 |
Ampalaya Hits Tuesday, August 25, 2015 @ 3:23 AM
After a year and a month of tolerating my lousy job, I decided to officially resign. A month later, I am still comprehending the aftermath of my decision, if it was worth it considering my continuous influx of bills I have to pay, yet my reserve cash is quickly plumetting to emptiness. However, looking back at all the crap that I experienced in my previous job, I think I made a pretty damn great decision to resign even if I do not have a job offer from another company. I cannot tolerate the incompetent and unprofessional superior I had, and all the time I had to put up with his disgusting, annoying, and stupid antics. I always argue with him because he would always instill values and lessons to me that I totally disagree with. The actual department was also problematic for me as we had no sense of direction and the management did not have a slight sense of urgency for our projects and needs. How in the world did a product development process took 3 years, from lab-scale to commercial? (and it's not even in the process of commercial-scale). AND I DID NOT LEARN ANYTHING TANTAMOUNT TO A GRAIN OF RICE. Ahhh, just thinking about it drives me nuts again. There are way too much ideals and instances that I cannot swallow anymore (like having a rehearsal for my exit interview), but I would rather keep them to myself for now to keep the positive atmosphere intact. Now I think I am lost. I have a direction and I'm really trying to stay within the path I want for myself for I've been a bum and still is for almost two months now. No one would probably believe my story but I was supposed to study in Canada (and have acceptance letter to show) commencing in September 2015. People think I used it as scapegoat into resignation but I DID NOT. I have every intention to take graduate studies abroad and my superior was fully aware of that to begin with. I accepted the offer I received and actually started preparing my documents for departure and visa. So I filed my resignation effective first week of July. But then the inevitable happened. My parents decided to defer my enrollment because of UNEXPECTED financial issues. Moreover, the university has not yet received my papers, which I would be needing to secure a visa. Well it's not as if I will go back to that company again because no matter how great the amount of salary I get from them, they can never supplement the experience and knowledge I greatly needed to advance in my career. I want to discover my potential in another work environment from where I could learn the REAL and ACTUAL product development process. I've also had enough of doing lousy tasks like washing dishes someone else ate it, being accountable for every single I have had a job offer from a well-known bakeshop under a giant fast-food conglomerate (no need for hints here it's very obvious) before I resigned, but out of respect for my previous employer, decided not to take it because it was literally beside my old office. Little did I know, the recruitment woman took it personally and somewhat banned me from being employed in any of the conglomerate's subsidiaries. And now they've been calling me for the third time already and I am expressing my every intention to be a part of their team but unfortunately, a job rejection in one of their companies will mean a lifetime of not being welcomed in their company, which sucks because believe that I can be of great asset to them (with all due humility). And they have no idea how I actually work and how I innovate. I got another offer in a large cinema snack company but I had issues with having no other people in the product development department, apart from just me. That was sad. I want to work in teams too, you know. But nope. And given that the office was too far from where I live, they cannot give the salary I asked for to compensate for additional travel costs. I decided to reject the offer and go with my instincts that I am better off somewhere else. I am now aggressively searching for the right job that I believe I can contribute a lot to and learn from as well. I am praying to the Lord that for all the |