|
Creature Fear
|
"Not the needle, nor the thread, the lost decree. Saying nothing, that's enough for me." Woods by paumatias Archive January 2010 February 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 August 2011 September 2011 October 2011 November 2011 December 2011 January 2012 February 2012 March 2012 April 2012 May 2012 June 2012 July 2012 August 2012 September 2012 October 2012 November 2012 December 2012 January 2013 February 2013 March 2013 April 2013 May 2013 July 2013 August 2013 October 2013 January 2014 March 2015 August 2015 July 2017 March 2019 |
Huling Hirit Sunday, October 27, 2013 @ 6:47 AM
Blogging after getting home from a long car from Bagiou and after a long time feels all too new to me. Tonight I am very thankful about finally getting some silence and letting my tummy rest from the eating streak of nasty carbohydrates.
It has been two months since I blogged about anything decent but it feels like two years. If you're interested in knowing what I have been up to lately, well first I'm currently on the final weel of my possibly last semestral break (possibly because jinx is not allowed in my book). You know when people keep on saying how fast time flies? Well college is not one of them. Time likes to hibernate in college and just when you thought you are a few months away from graduating and temporarily dismissing academics, it likes to f*ck with your head a little and give you little mind-boggling tricks like THESIS and ORGANIZATION.
Being the organization president during my last (hopefully) term in college made me realize three things:
1. Having solid organization experience won't necessarily give you the advantage you expect to have in your future career endeavor, even if you have your character and academic record to back you up. Trust me, I'm not yet a graduate and I have faced two rejections already (work-wise). School discrimination will never cease to exist. Moreover, some recruitment people are so judgmental that they won't allow you to be trained so that you learn more. They would not waste their money and effort.
2. It's pretty crazy to manage an entire organization when you have incapable, stubborn, pessimistic, and incompetent subordinates dragging themselves on your back. There would be times when you would just mutter to yourself that you shouldn't have bothered letting other people in your team when you could have just opted for someone better but you were just so critical that in the end, you just do their job.
3. There would be times when you will always find fault in yourself when you feel that you are not doing your job well and when other people are not pleased. But in the end, these are all inevitable. I had my tough times and perplexing encounters but I always say to myself that this is what I signed myself up for and I have to just embrace it with arms open.
It's my (hopefully) last year in college. It has been a pretty tough ride. If I do graduate by April 2014, then a part of me will be sort of vindicated. When I was in high school, I have always wanted to graduate college and earn a degree I rightfully own. That was it for me then. But being this student that UST has turned me into has made me hope for something I never initially wanted - graduate with honors. Come to think of it, I do stand a chance in graduating with latin honors. Seeing that I am so close to it makes me even more passionate about earning it. It would probably be the most awesome and sincere gesture of showing my parents how much I appreciate their efforts in giving me a good education. My father for providing me the financial assistance, and my mother who has always given me the moral support and has been my driver ever since. I also wanted to show to them that I can really change my attitude towards education.
However, I think that my desire for graduating with latin honors can be quite what we call suntok sa buwan. I still have to remember that I have this thesis that hinders me from thinking that I can actually make it AND that I can actually graduate on time.
Nevertheless, I am thankful that I finally made it into the dean's list this semester. I might not graduate with honors, at least I had an academic accomplishment. Not only this, but I belonged to the dean's list while being the president of the organization. Something that gives me peace of mind.
Well moving on, if I do graduate on time, I don't know what I would want to do, if I'll go on a vacation or apply for a job right away. Nonetheless, I know that I would just pray. Education may not be the best thing I do, but keeping my faith would always be something I do well.
|