|
Creature Fear
|
"Not the needle, nor the thread, the lost decree. Saying nothing, that's enough for me." Woods by paumatias Archive January 2010 February 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 August 2011 September 2011 October 2011 November 2011 December 2011 January 2012 February 2012 March 2012 April 2012 May 2012 June 2012 July 2012 August 2012 September 2012 October 2012 November 2012 December 2012 January 2013 February 2013 March 2013 April 2013 May 2013 July 2013 August 2013 October 2013 January 2014 March 2015 August 2015 July 2017 March 2019 |
The critical life update Saturday, March 16, 2013 @ 7:34 AM
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
I have never stressed it enough that being a member of the executive board of my course's only recognized organization made a mess out of me. The entirety of the events that spanned the whole school year for me were quite a train-wreck. To make the matter clearer, I was merely appointed in the position of being the secretary. I never applied for any position to begin with. I was only interested in being a member and serving my co-FT students but I never expected how much the lifeblood of an organization cycled through its secretary, when that is not even how everything was supposed to be.
I agreed to being appointed (it's not as if I didn't have any choice) because I want to help. I want to have a solid and raw experience on being a leader. Besides, I want to accomplish something more than academics during my stay in college. But along the course, the idea I always have in mind about being a leader was slowly morphing into something I am not quite familiar of. Running errands was part of being a leader. Being scolded and confronted by rude faculty officials and they wouldn't even let you defend yourself was part of being a leader. Printing letters and documents was part of being a leader. Shouting was part of being a leader. Bossing people around so they learn how to cooperate (when you are left with no other choice) was part of being a leader, even if you risk the saving grace of showing people that you're weak, that you're vulnerable. When you're a leader, you know when to act friendly, be friendly, and be one's worst enemy.
And then I realized that these contained tantrums, the physical exhaustion, and all the frustrations were well worth the suffering. To lead is meager if service is extinct. With being a leader, it has occured to me that one needs not be warm and vulnerable all the time. At some point, you show authority.
I didn't particularly liked how this term's executive board approached the roaring 2012-2013. Since we're on the track I might as well just say it - our president was delinquent, to start matters with. From that point on, everything crumbled. Without the rest of the members, we would have probably been wiped out of the university's recognized organizations by now. Oh I was pissed. And being a leader myself, my mind witnessed things that I was not aware of when I was just a mere member, and I'm afraid I might have succumbed to some of them. But it's never too late to restore what others came to just destroy, although I won't deny the fact that I was a part of it. In this light I welcome the last leg of my university life with hope of being the executive board president. As far as I'm concerned, there is no contender so this one's odds-on. I didn't want this. I really didn't. But somehow, fate reminded me that if I constantly avoid being passed-on with responsibility, I then constantly avoid taking opportunities. Granted I win, I am positive that it would not benefit me in any pragmatic way. But hey, sometimes you just want to be the change, because in all the exhausted efforts, only a few of a thousand would care to give concern. Some of my fellow FT students are so irritatingly uncompromising. They only give time to studies and leisure, that which define facebook, series movie marathons, video games, and facebook (oh have I mentioned that already? My fault). Does life really revolve around learning by the book all the time? I find it very ironic to rant over at facebook how you have a ton of school work. Despite all these, I was once a stubborn university pig myself, thinking that I don't want to participate in any of my organization's activities because they are lame and such a waste of time when in fact, we can just attend our regular classes. But no. It irked me how we always have classes off because of these activities that are no better than what an average person would consider as wasting time. But then fast-forward to two years later, I am already the one taking credit for these events. I didn't imagine that it would be so tedious to organize an event mainly because the university just keeps on keeping track of everything we do. Moving on, I am hoping to at least serve my organization along with my fellow party members, which I have grown to care for. The results still haven't been official yet so until now I am quite uneasy thinking that there's a high possibility that I might not be working with my party-mates. But thinking out of the box though, reality is I cannot really choose who I would want to work with. It is the students who choose who I would work with (again, emphasis on the no-contender). This has got to be the weirdest picture I have in a group. Miss president! wait, whut? And forgive the lame editing. This was rushed. Define rush! Oh college. I have been in the university for almost five years now and I cannot wait for it to be over. I'm really aiming to graduate with honors. I'm at this point in life where I regret my slacker of a habit during grade school, which translated into high school, which eventually gave me the fate of studying in the university where I am right now. I'm mad and frustrated because I don't really learn well in a supposedly recognized institution. Using one's right to education does not necessarily mean you get quality one. I want to at least make my parents proud of me by graduating cum laude or with honors but no matter how hard I study, it just does not seem to reflect well in my grades. I devote ample time to my studies and ample time to everything else. Sometimes I cannot even believe myself for being so academically dedicated because this is the exact opposite of me when I was younger. But changing is never too late. Majority of my professors don't exactly teach in the manner that you actually get to learn. I consult books but then I don't know why the approach between the two would always have this difference that in the end, you still resort to your teacher than the book. Before I step into my last academic year, I hope that a food company will contact and admit me as their practicum student by this week because I'm really scared about not having a practicum site before enrollment. I hope that I can have the drive and energy to study harder and improve my grades and push it to the highest possible that I can. I hope to be the change that our organization needs. I hope I can accomplish all these without being detrimental to me. I hope he forgives me for all the wrong things I've said and did. All for the people I love. "'For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you." |