|
Creature Fear
|
"Not the needle, nor the thread, the lost decree. Saying nothing, that's enough for me." Woods by paumatias Archive January 2010 February 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 August 2011 September 2011 October 2011 November 2011 December 2011 January 2012 February 2012 March 2012 April 2012 May 2012 June 2012 July 2012 August 2012 September 2012 October 2012 November 2012 December 2012 January 2013 February 2013 March 2013 April 2013 May 2013 July 2013 August 2013 October 2013 January 2014 March 2015 August 2015 July 2017 March 2019 |
XMAS Tuesday, December 25, 2012 @ 9:51 PM
So I attended my first ever paskuhan, after three years. I could say it was pretty lame, but considering I was with the company of two good friends I made along the way and the beautiful holiday lights, at least I have to say it was worth it. Let me process what I experienced at around 7 PM last december 21. It hit right where it shouldn't. I went home listening to my song of the year (small bump) and realized that the color of what could have been was white gold. Small bump is not just about miscarrgiage. For me, the song could also be looked at another angle. I say small bump is the probability of things that can happen but just didn't. Hence, you were just a small bump unborn. You think about how things would be so different if that something came to life. Oh man, that stung. The sting made me just decide to head home. 15 minutes after I departed, the fireworks started to appear.
Pretty whack huh? Have you ever seen My Sassy Girl? The legit korean version. You know the scene where the girl and gyon-woo were sitting at a noodle bar and the girl suddenly bawled over the table next to theirs accusing them of prostitution? Then she dashed back to her table and gyon-woo poured her drinks as she explicitly remarked "shit" about three times. And then she went bonkers. That was how everything felt like.
So then I went up north to Sagada and then to Baguio. It was nice to finally have that relaxing feeling of being in the cold even though the low temperature was a bitch. It pierced right through my bones. Nevertheless, taking time off from this polluted city, from noise, from the stench, and from My Sassy Girl made the bitch of a temperature well worth the bone-piercing.
On the way to Sagada, I finally saw the famous Banaue Rice Terraces (google it, friend from another country). You know what irked me? The whole time I thought that Banaue Rice Terraces is green. Why the fuck was it brown when I saw it in real life? It was disgusting. There were houses scattered everywhere in Banaue Rice Terraces. Whatever happened? It's sickening.
Whew. Sorry for the sudden outburst. It's just that I am tired from the 14-hour long drive. It's been 4 days since I departed from my humble home. All I want to do is finish Where'd You Go Bernadette? and eat our take-home strawberries. I want to go out with Okim and visit his late grandmother because she's "due" two days from now. But I open my socialization portal and saw that I have so many lab reports and secretary errands queuing in my line of happy-killer.
There's no time for me to get stressed. Wish I can finish in time for New Year.
|