Creature Fear



"Not the needle, nor the thread, the lost decree. Saying nothing, that's enough for me."




Woods by paumatias


Archive


January 2010 February 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 August 2011 September 2011 October 2011 November 2011 December 2011 January 2012 February 2012 March 2012 April 2012 May 2012 June 2012 July 2012 August 2012 September 2012 October 2012 November 2012 December 2012 January 2013 February 2013 March 2013 April 2013 May 2013 July 2013 August 2013 October 2013 January 2014 March 2015 August 2015 July 2017 March 2019

Haikui Wednesday, August 8, 2012 @ 8:42 AM
My title could not get more cliche than this. Thought I had a more cliche ondoy lying around here somewhere. Turned out, I never got to finish it. Maybe because this was the supposedly round-up? 

The day that took away lives is about to end. In a few minutes it's going to be August 9 already, a day I should force myself to stop remembering because the more I remember the 9th of every month, the more I'm reminded how lousy of a monthsary I have, every fcking month. I don't even care if he reads this. BECAUSE HE ISN'T actually. Note to self: he isn't interested in what you have to say, thank you very much.

It sucks having to wake up to this:


and suddenly being reminded that three years ago the exact same thing happened, the only difference being is that three years ago, I had no idea how it looked like or even felt like since I came from school and my brother told me that it isn't safe for me to go home anymore (how can anyone tell me that my home is the last place I can go to for safety????) and that I would have to stay at our papa's office since our car is already half-submerged in flood.

Fast-forward to 2012, I already have the privilege to witness what my brother meant. A privilege because despite being an inch away from being rio grande rapids junior, I was with my family in a tragic time. I don't care if we go adrift in the flood. What's important is that we all friggin dive in the dirt. I must say though that the renovations we had amazingly rocked balls because it managed to keep the raging rapids from entering our humble home, and from what was supposed to eventually destroy my piano (part 2). But still, we cannot be so sure. Everyone keeps on entering my room because apparently, my room is like the patron section of a coliseum, it offered the best view of the flood which also served as a gauge if we are to carry all our furniture upstairs or if we can still keep calm.

I thank the Lord for keeping our house 95% flood proof, for giving us time to vacate our vehicles before the flood raised to knee-high levels, for parting the flood yesterday so we can shop for grocery items (since we were literally low on stock and we were afraid of being trapped without food), and for giving us electricity and clean water supply. I thank him that despite the numerous class suspensions, I was still able to study and not let my mind go adrift to pointless time-killing activities

proof:

I thank him for the superb internet connection because it really helped me a lot in getting information that would be of great help. I also thank him that filipino's are being humane. Sometimes, I can't help but blame it to them "yan kasi sa sobrang kawalan niyo ng disiplina pinapatay na tayo ng baha dito" but seeing my countrymen really trying to pull it together just makes all my anguish in this twisted capital temporarily disappear. Lord please bless the homeless people who have had enough of the cold, please bless the stray animals who have no idea about protecting themselves from the rain, please bless every family trying to recover, please bless those who are hanging on a rope to cross the raging flood, please let there be more supplies for the evacuees, please bless the kids selling sampaguita along EDSA despite the heavy downpour.

Please. and thank you.

I'm really looking forward to a bright tomorrow. It may not be necessarily sunny, but seeing the flood at least subside would be of great help. One step at a time. We'll see what we can do from there.

Leave me a rose | 0 roses left.