|
Creature Fear
|
"Not the needle, nor the thread, the lost decree. Saying nothing, that's enough for me." Woods by paumatias Archive January 2010 February 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 August 2011 September 2011 October 2011 November 2011 December 2011 January 2012 February 2012 March 2012 April 2012 May 2012 June 2012 July 2012 August 2012 September 2012 October 2012 November 2012 December 2012 January 2013 February 2013 March 2013 April 2013 May 2013 July 2013 August 2013 October 2013 January 2014 March 2015 August 2015 July 2017 March 2019 |
libro. Wednesday, April 18, 2012 @ 11:39 PM
Awhile ago, I was scrutinizing the shelves of National Bookstore at SM North. I was searching for something good to read. I wanted a comedy sort of book after having read the book thief and the help, I thought it's time for me to have a bit of humor in my closet. As I was looking over the books, an impressively fluent teenage boy of about age 15 approached me out of the blue and blabbered nonstop. I can clearly recall our short conversation. Well actually, he barely made me talk. He took the book entitled Fallen and told me that it's good. Then asked me if I know the movie Beastly which of course I said yes, took another book and told me about the story of the witch who casted the spell on the guy. Recommended it again. Then he apologized for talking to me all of a sudden as if he wasn't a stranger. Told me he was just looking for new books to read. I also noticed he has Daughter of Smoke and Bone in his right hand. I grabbed books I've read myself and recommended him a few good titles. He wasn't pretty interested in what I were recommending. Clearly though, even if I could force him to buy Mario Puzo books or graphic novels, I can't. He's just a kid. I couldn't let my interest for mafia stories and a terrorist wearing a guy fawkes mask ruin his seemingly interest in young adult dystopian, mainstream books. It was a "breath of fresh air" sort of thing, realizing how a teenage boy could describe books to you in such a manner that he did - well-recalled plots, full of unaccustomed vocabulary, and vivid descriptions. I looked at myself thinking how I could only narrate a story I've read but cannot really describe to a stranger a book in full detail. As our recommendation talk continues, somewhere in between he asked me. "Do you know what's hard about being a bookworn? It's when you see all the books you want to read and realize you don't have enough money to even buy a single one. And that your local library carry book you've already read in the past." He told me that he's in dire need of book because reading is his only means of surviving summer vacation boredom. He sighed and took the Daughter of Smoke and Bone back into its rightful shelf. I felt sorry for the boy. You can really tell that he was into books. Also, admittedly, you can also tell by the way he dress and by his physique how he probably struggles buying books. He told majority of the books he read were from the library. Although, by the way he speaks with such eloquence (he spoke in straight english by the way), all of those weren't apparent. I could've bought him a nice book that he would like to get for himself. But then, I looked at my wallet, I didn't have money with me. Not even my card. I hope to see him lurking among the shelves in National Bookstore again. But then, I don't know his name -_- *sigh. kids. Just a though. National Bookstore has cheaper prices and sometimes, if you look close enough, you might find books that other stores don't carry. However, not all branch carry good titles. Rockwell branch though surprisingly has good selection. the selection isn't as extensive as let's say fully booked, but they have probably every possible title most people would look for. Good job. They have the complete preacher books too from 1 to 9. As much as I was tempted enough to buy books 3 and 4, I thought of just saving my money for something else. Although, I got upset once I got home that day. I thought how hard it is to find preacher books in paperback copies and there they were, sitting right in front of me. And I still didn't get even a single book (from 3 to 9). I'm so stupid at times. Hope they're still there though by the time I go back to rockwell. |