Creature Fear



"Not the needle, nor the thread, the lost decree. Saying nothing, that's enough for me."




Woods by paumatias


Archive


January 2010 February 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 August 2011 September 2011 October 2011 November 2011 December 2011 January 2012 February 2012 March 2012 April 2012 May 2012 June 2012 July 2012 August 2012 September 2012 October 2012 November 2012 December 2012 January 2013 February 2013 March 2013 April 2013 May 2013 July 2013 August 2013 October 2013 January 2014 March 2015 August 2015 July 2017 March 2019

Have You Seen Genesis? Friday, December 16, 2011 @ 8:13 PM
I didn't know that would end up liking a book so much that I have thought of crazy ideas (that I would not mention) just to get the second installment of Preacher by Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon. See, you only come across a certain little odd book once in your entire life. It's frustrating, scary, gruesome, full of insane blasphemy, and it will just plain leave your head in vacuum. It is like watching a twisted action film, only better.


Photo from dccomisc.com

See, I am neither satanic nor an atheist, before anyone judges me. Hey, you cannot judge me with what I choose to read, especially if it is a damn fiction book. Although, fiction sometimes give us a clear definition of reality. ---> cricket sounds

Anyhoo, the story is about Reverend Jesse Custer, a preacher who thinks that the world has completely gone mad, and blames God for it for he thinks God abandoned his creation. The first volume narrates the onset of how his quest to find God came into being, so he can come face-to-face with God, so forth and so on. So you can only imagine how I wanted to read the succeeding volumes so bad.

I finished the book with so much relief that I picked up something worth much of my money, and this rarely happens, believe me. At first when I glanced through the entire graphic novel, I was madly turned off. The book was full of guns, blood, distorted faces, explosions, and all that nasty stuff that would only interest a guy, or some others but definitely not me. I held it sitting on my shelf for a week until I got bored and decided to give it shot. Next thing I knew, I was in awe.

Some of the language were pretty hard for me to grasp as they rely heavy on texan accent so that made it quite confusing for me at first. The author, however, made it quite an easy task (at least for me) to understand everything from cover to cover that's why I felt really special that for a book that one needs to read twice in order to understand well, I only have to read it once. Lulz, lulz.

I hope everyone with hearts of firm conviction will get to read this. It does not purely revolve around with what the plot is all about. There is also one story that the book revolved around in the latter part, which was ridiculously awesome. This book is an example of how everyone has different perceptions about their religion and it's nice to see that from someone else's eyes. It does no harm in changing your belief though so relax.

I love vertigo comics so much <3

Leave me a rose | 0 roses left.