Creature Fear



"Not the needle, nor the thread, the lost decree. Saying nothing, that's enough for me."




Woods by paumatias


Archive


January 2010 February 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 August 2011 September 2011 October 2011 November 2011 December 2011 January 2012 February 2012 March 2012 April 2012 May 2012 June 2012 July 2012 August 2012 September 2012 October 2012 November 2012 December 2012 January 2013 February 2013 March 2013 April 2013 May 2013 July 2013 August 2013 October 2013 January 2014 March 2015 August 2015 July 2017 March 2019

Doesn't Ring a Bell Wednesday, December 21, 2011 @ 1:33 AM
So I had no one to talk to last night. To give me a bit of my sanity left, instead of talking to myself or to Patrick Star, I shall talk to you. Well you probably know what happened in Mindanao last friday while inhabitants were asleep. I was left clueless until I watched a short documentary last night about the typhoon and its aftermath. It was pretty sad especially when I saw the reporter cry over this guy looking for his wife and two daughters, in front of live TV while she was doing an interview. Then I saw this baby who was put on a raft and it almost upside-down from the raging flood, I tell you. And then these old people were hanging on their lives through a rope that would make them cross from their already floating house to a safer and more shallow area. Thank goodness there were strong camaraderie going on in there else I'd be pissed.

A lot of people are asking for donations giving us all these random hotline numbers or e-mail address where we can send our regards through monetary form. Oh I was pretty damn tempted myself but I think people are naturally opportunistic especially in times like these where a peso can be so valuable in feeding a whole family, I don't want to risk a single centavo. So I crossed that out. Thought of giving food, clothes, and blankets to keep them victims a little cozier, but then I don't friggin know how the hell I would do that and where the heck I should start and if I do, I don't know if those things are going to reach the hands of the families I intend them to go. Damn it.

I am such a hypocrite. I look into my bookshelf and notice how ridiculously my addiction for graphic novels is getting troublesome. As I remember, I bought my first one during october and after just a month and up until this day, and I already am counting eight. And do you know how much a single of that rather prestige comic book costs? (even though I got almost all of them at 5% off) It literally chokes me so I don't want to answer that. What I'm saying is that after I finished Preacher Volume 2, I realized how much the money I spent in all those books would have cost the happiness of a few more human beings as opposed to just me. So in my honest effort, I decided to sell my graphic novels. But no one reads graphic novels anymore so no one wants to buy them. Partly relieved because it was really hard for me to sell something I have grown to love and cared for (really) over the past few weeks, but partly annoyed. I have to have a back-up plan or I am going to rot in a place where fire is all you can see. And no one wants that.


Leave me a rose | 0 roses left.