|
Creature Fear
|
"Not the needle, nor the thread, the lost decree. Saying nothing, that's enough for me." Woods by paumatias Archive January 2010 February 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 August 2011 September 2011 October 2011 November 2011 December 2011 January 2012 February 2012 March 2012 April 2012 May 2012 June 2012 July 2012 August 2012 September 2012 October 2012 November 2012 December 2012 January 2013 February 2013 March 2013 April 2013 May 2013 July 2013 August 2013 October 2013 January 2014 March 2015 August 2015 July 2017 March 2019 |
School Nanaman Friday, November 4, 2011 @ 5:50 AM
I just got home to grab a few school essentials and to back my toiletry stash up which I would be needing by december when I would be a dorm girl. It really sucks as I never ever wanted to stay in a dormitory. My siblings even make fun of the whole thought of staying in a dorm even though our house is just around 35 minutes away (that is if you take away every bits of traffic and stop lights) from UST.
See, they never really understood my heed since they didn't study as far as UST. On one hand, my brothers only needed a single jeepney ride to reach their school, which is ridiculously just a stone's throw away from our house. My sister on the other hand is the hatid-sundo in the family. she studied in Katipunan which is pretty near our house anyway. I am the so-called commuter since I had no choice. I've been commuting my entire college life and ever since 2nd year came, my schedule took its toll on me.
I get dismissed 6pm every day and the time being rush-hour, at an average it takes me 25 friggin' minutes until an FX (sometimes jeep) passes by. At times when I'm lucky enough, it doesn't take me more than a minute. And now that Araneta avenue is under construction, all the vehicles have to take the same new route, which is pretty stupid since everyone takes it and the new route just gets crazily congested. So now choice, every vehicle is stuck in the bloody Araneta avenue traffic. It's how I picture hell in my head at times.
So I reach home at about 8 to 9 pm and I still have tons of homework to do, papers to do by myself since every one's just a freeloader, pre-labs to complete, checklist to completely check, quizzes and practicals to study, and I do them all knowing that I have to wake up 4:45 am the following day.
I don't complain about not being able to have a social life anymore since I gawd knows I don't have any. I complain about the school's idea of squeezing a supposed to be 5-year curriculum into 4 years. It's very silly. And what, they expect their students to excel? A-holes. They should even commend us for being able to get 3's since they know best what we are capable. It's just that some students cannot work under time pressure. SPARE ME! please.
My
1. Use your cuts wisely. If you know our prof doesn't teach well to a degree that you can survive without his or her help, then cut. I'm not suggesting this for every meeting since that would equate to failure due to absence. "If we will be bombarded with quizzes and stuff for tomorrow and we don't have anything to do in food micro, then just cut." Well I'm kind of ridiculed for my way of thinking. They say how important attendance is. But see, I don't fucking care. The fact that you didn't attend class shows how incapable you are of catching up, thus, a reflection on your grade. I honestly find it pretty stupid why some teachers still check name by name. What matters is if you are going to cut, make sure you know the subject enough for you to pass. You are probably risking the seatworks but hey, remember that exams are the rafts when you're already drowning. I have used six of my seven allowed cuts for Food Micro. Missed two seatworks and recitation but know what? I got a 92.
2. Attendance is meaningless compared to major exams.
3. Break time apart from eating is a time to study and not chatter.
4. Pretend that you didn't do your homework so that when those pesky leeches approach you, tell them "lapitan mo si junjun sa kanya ako kumopya" so that way it won't look as if you're a selfish bitch and they won't hate you for it. *evil laugh 5. It's practical to buy second-hand books but I always buy new one's for myself. I hate it that they highlight pointless stuff and doodle everywhere and when you turn to the next page, it falls off the book. I want to have the privilege to choose what I want to highlight and keep my books neat so when I sell them, it would be a good buy. ;) 6. There's no point in pushing your limits. If your head is pounding, stop studying. I got a migraine from this. 7. It's wrong to copy from your classmates' homework or seatwork. It won't even benefit you. Answer first yourself. If you can't, ask HOW to do and not WHAT to write. I'm pretty bummed about school starting again but it takes me a leap closer to graduating so I'm not one to complain. Though I still wish I could roam around the house more. |