|
Creature Fear
|
"Not the needle, nor the thread, the lost decree. Saying nothing, that's enough for me." Woods by paumatias Archive January 2010 February 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 August 2011 September 2011 October 2011 November 2011 December 2011 January 2012 February 2012 March 2012 April 2012 May 2012 June 2012 July 2012 August 2012 September 2012 October 2012 November 2012 December 2012 January 2013 February 2013 March 2013 April 2013 May 2013 July 2013 August 2013 October 2013 January 2014 March 2015 August 2015 July 2017 March 2019 |
randomz Monday, October 24, 2011 @ 1:50 AM
My OWN Bon Iver, Bon Iver Album! Woohoo! Sometimes, I find it odd how my boyfriend can really give me the weirdest presents, even though I babble nonstop about stuff I actually like. Knowing him, I hardly expect anything like these music stuff from him as he knows that the music I like is hard to acquire locally. In the end, he is on the right track <3 hehe.
I love the album art (even though it doesn't make sense to me). It's so...vernon.
I barely get annoyed at customer service as I live by the motto the customer is not always right. And hey, I am patient. But national bookstore just really kicks balls. Called them to ask if they had V for Vendetta in paperback. The lady politely made me wait over their hotline but it ridiculously took minutes and when the lady got back to me, she asked me "Hello thank you for calling National Bookstore SM North this is *insert name here* how may I help you?" Ay seryoso? :| I got mad and said (yet calmly) "Miss may kausap ako kanina pa nagpapahanap ako ng libro. Medyo ang tagal nga eh kanina pa yun" na akala ko binabaan na ako. The lady apologized and briefly scanned her system and said that the book was out of stock.
!@&*$! So ganun lang yun??? They really don't put much effort in scouring deep in their arsenal as other bookstores do because based on personal experience, when they say it's not in stock over the phone (of course looking at their database from their computer), chance is, it might still be. They just have f'ed up system and lazy butt cracks to look over their shelves.
Gawd. In times like I learn how to appreciate other bookstores despite their lack of stocks and pricier tags. Thank God for fully booked. I always keep it a point to call their High Street line as it is a bit more organized and just professional. Called them to ask if they had V for Vendetta in stock. They made me wait but it's 'ayt, I waited with tune. Lulz. So then the rep got back at me and said they have one! And it is sealed!
So I made them deliver the book to a branch more convenient for me. 5 days isn't bad as long as I'm not fooling myself thinking I have a copy reserved for me.
Setting the sulking aside, I'm so excited! I'll be reading the book just in time for my commemoration of the gunpowder treason and plot! Forgive me, I loved the film too much and it is a tradition of mine to watch it every 5th of Novemeber. In fact, I'm thinking of going as Guy Fawkes this halloween. So I got the book thinking it would be awesome to read about the roots of my disturbing fantasy. I'm also planning on saving up for the absolute edition once I'm done saving up for Okim's GWII.
This is dreamy.
|