|
Creature Fear
|
"Not the needle, nor the thread, the lost decree. Saying nothing, that's enough for me." Woods by paumatias Archive January 2010 February 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 August 2011 September 2011 October 2011 November 2011 December 2011 January 2012 February 2012 March 2012 April 2012 May 2012 June 2012 July 2012 August 2012 September 2012 October 2012 November 2012 December 2012 January 2013 February 2013 March 2013 April 2013 May 2013 July 2013 August 2013 October 2013 January 2014 March 2015 August 2015 July 2017 March 2019 |
Disappointing Wednesday, October 26, 2011 @ 4:45 AM
The title says it. This day, however it started off pretty lucky, currently deteriorates into disappointment.
It was my enrollment awhile ago. I was surprised that not a lot of students enrolled late for this coming semester. It was my first time to manually enroll wherein I didn't have to wait for hours until I could get inside the gym. I went straight inside the pathway that leads to that place where the enrollment happens. While I stood outside the waiting shed, which is the pre-entrance to the gym proper, observing where the end of the line was at, I saw my classmates waving at me telling me to sit with them, which is in between the long line. I am not one to complain and feel 100% guilty of having the pleasure to somehow cut the line since the chair really was empty. So I paved my way in and with my peripheral vision I can see infuriated eyes glare at me, making me feel as if I'm just another crocodile waiting for the bait yet I managed to snag it first even though the others have been in the salty water for hours.
That moment, I know I contradicted hmyself once again. I hate people who cut lines and act as if they're not doing anything wrong. I've witnessed this and saw with my own eyes how this petty line-cutting could lead to a bloody death.
Note to self: Try to stock up on patience more. If not, wake up earlier than early.
So after the pride I felt walking out of the gym not having my butt all red from hours of sitting in line, I went straight to Fully Booked at SM North to get the V for Vendetta graphic novel I reserved. But first I headed off to Trinoma to lurk around powerbooks, trying my luck at finding the exact book and hoping it be cheaper, and also to double check if they stocks of my prospect reads (Night Circus and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen). I walked out winning in the latter purpose. Next I headed off to National Bookstore to skim over the absolute version of V for Vendetta. I couldn't quite take a hold of it as it was remarkably expensive. I just slightly glanced over the entire book observing if it really was worth all the hype. Really though, I didn't want to kill the excitement off reading my reserved paperback first so I just put it back in its cradle.
So I walked to SM North straight to Fully Booked. I first lurked around in their graphic novel section just to look around their selection. I found a sealed copy of their Absolute V for Vendetta book for a prcie cheaper then National Bookstore's. I thought to myself that even thought it's unnecessary, I still have to have that book. I am sort of building my humble collection and it would be really nice to have the humongous book on my shelf. And hey, it's the value I am for and not the price. I really am in this odd fascination in Alan Moore's creation. But I just gracefully walked away thinking I will have it one day. So in another shelf I found Watchmen and I knew I have to get it. It was a couple of buckaroos cheaper than the price they gave me over the phone. So then I grabbed it and headed straight to the counter and asked for my reserved copy of V for Vendetta. The sales guy told me that they have a sale on all foreign titles, 20% off this coming friday. And I had to double check if that's only for cash. He said it's both for cash AND card. Partly dismayed, I handed back the two books I was supposed to be reading and enjoying right now. I just made them reserve it gain for two more days so I could avail the discount. And thankfully, no matter how bitchy the girl whom I handed the books back to was, the staff agreed to my bothersome will.
Note to self: Take advantage of saving money instead of piling on immediate self gratification.
To take a break from the disappointments, I headed of to Teriyaki Boy to eat one of the most annoyingly spicy yet delicious sushi my tongue ever --gasmed on, the Dynamite Roll. Unluckily, when I was about to unwrap the chopsticks from their (cheap and thin) plastic, a splinter penetrated in my flesh, reason why I ate with a fork instead. So on to that sushi, gawd was it good but I almost threw up because of getting so full in such short mount of time, which rarely happens with sushi.
Note to self: When eating at expensive restaurants, keep in mind that they're priced as such for a reason. And that is they are not meant to be consumed alone.
Now I'm at home and eating my favorite kitkat as I jumped on skipping dinner as I still feel bloated with all the sushi still not being broken down by my biological acids. Also, I'm trying to feel better after an unexpected visitor came into our house.
She was my first niece. |