|
Creature Fear
|
"Not the needle, nor the thread, the lost decree. Saying nothing, that's enough for me." Woods by paumatias Archive January 2010 February 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 August 2011 September 2011 October 2011 November 2011 December 2011 January 2012 February 2012 March 2012 April 2012 May 2012 June 2012 July 2012 August 2012 September 2012 October 2012 November 2012 December 2012 January 2013 February 2013 March 2013 April 2013 May 2013 July 2013 August 2013 October 2013 January 2014 March 2015 August 2015 July 2017 March 2019 |
A few good suggestions Saturday, December 18, 2010 @ 8:20 PM
I actually hate the idea of reading a book because I'm obliged to. I never consider reading as my hobby if it weren't for (particular) magazines, music production reference books, science books, and Mario Puzo books. Slap them in my face and I'd be glad to throw in my time or even a full days just reading them. Let me do a comprehensive rundown of my mini (and by that I really mean miniscule) reading collection, starting from left to right. ![]() Future Music Magazine February 2010 issue, Producer Special Edition Probably the most expensive magazine I've ever burned cash for in my entire life but the most worth it among all my expenditures. Stuff like this are really worthy of a buy in my opinion. They're not your typical magazine, most especially if you consider yourself a music producer. They have a thorough guide of all things music-related, from gears to tip, every issue even comes with a cd with loads of free samples. And by not being typical I mean this magazine is no trend. You get to read it and use it as a reference material, forever really. Logic Pro 9 and Logic Express 9 by David Nahmani If Future Music was the most expensive magazine I've bought, then this book would be the most expensive reference book I've bought so far (because I'm assuming that in the near future, more and more intelligent writers would come up with more and more exquisite reference books thus me, needing more and more money to spend it with). It actually became expensive since I had it shipped all the way from the US. This is a really good reference book for those who use Apple's Logic Pro as their Digital Audio Workstation (DAW). It definitely helped me a lot during those days when I was still starting out with the program. The book comes with a cd which has pre-made samples and raw Logic files for you to work with in harmony with the book. It's very also helpful for those who are planing to take the Apple Pro Certification Exams (which I'm planning to take after a few more years). Up until today, I still continue to use it when frustrations arise. The Complete Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm Since I was a kid, I never believed in fairy tales, (and no this is not dramatic shit). I just really never believed in them. They scare me thinking how those stories arise from nothingness. And I was right, they had their cold origins. That the stories we all used to be read were all daughters and sons of a more ruthless parent. This book was actually given to me by Okim (oh he knows me and my curiosities well). This would probably be the most entertaining book I've read, but in a different manner. I like reading how Cinderella's sisters actually forced their feet on the glass slipper even if their feet bled to hell. After the more interesting stories finished, the more I got bored with the book. I laid off from it for a while. Tinkerbell Diary University Handbook Six Graves to Munich by Mario Puzo The second Mario Puzo book I've read and the lightest read among all the Puzo books I've come across by far. As I've said before, I don't read books for fun. I read books to learn, and reading Puzo's works proved how much more learning I get from him rather than those who write my school books. And I get wiser by the second. Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carol This is the clamied-to-be original Alice in Wonderland, and I'm afraid so too. My dad gave this to me during my third year in grade school for being an honor student. I love Alice in Wonderland among all the pretend stories ever made. There's something about its story that's very odd and disturbing, just the way I like it. And having the ancestor book, given by a man I love, makes it a WINNER. Para Kay B by Ricky Lee Book bought out of mass popularity and since no one dared lend their copies to me. Nothing fancy, wasn't able to finish the book because it's very much predictable already. I might sell this. It isn't worthy enough to be in my reading collection. ;) The Family by Mario Puzo Current read, so far so good. Still in chapter 4. Lord of the Flies by William Golding Third year high school obligatory literary read. I was stubborn with this book so I ended up watching the film version instead and voila, good grades and satisfied appetite to know the story at once. Fools Die by Mario Puzo The first Puzo book I've read. Was a bit disappointed. The never-ending roll of characters made the story confusing to the billionth power! I hate it when there are too much characters tied up with so much different scenarios and too much flashbacks. It turns the narrative into one humongous knot. Nonetheless, it's a Puzo book. I got to learn a lot from it. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee Obligatory read yet again. Something about it makes me apprehensive to get rid of it. Lisey's Story by Stephen King Wanting to go out of the Puzo line I have, I bought a Stephen King book FOR the reason that Lucas Scott, a fictional character in the television series One Tree Hill, quotes a lot from him. I opened the book and the language was way too complicated for my grain-sized brain to comprehend. I kept it for the reason of reading it again once my literary maturity finally arrives. Cutting the crap out, I keep reading materials that interest me, actually makes me learn, are given to me by special people, and I could use to my advantage. |