Creature Fear



"Not the needle, nor the thread, the lost decree. Saying nothing, that's enough for me."




Woods by paumatias


Archive


January 2010 February 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 August 2011 September 2011 October 2011 November 2011 December 2011 January 2012 February 2012 March 2012 April 2012 May 2012 June 2012 July 2012 August 2012 September 2012 October 2012 November 2012 December 2012 January 2013 February 2013 March 2013 April 2013 May 2013 July 2013 August 2013 October 2013 January 2014 March 2015 August 2015 July 2017 March 2019

just a thought Saturday, October 16, 2010 @ 5:25 AM
So I heard the news through my mom about Megamall going on a three-day sale. With Megamall being mentioned, I thought about the radically great possibility that it will be a three-day, two-night war.

And I was right.

Who knew three-day sales could turn a mall into a jungle with girls competing against each other not for any other reason but clothes. And again, this is the part wherein I start to compare myself with people I think am akin with.

I don't have issues with other people and their fashion sense, but I still cannot figure out the reason why branded clothes are much preferred by majority of the masses. For some reason, I think it is being a conformity nowadays to wear clothes guided by a set of rules (which I myself am not quite sure of) like the color of your bag should match your shoes, etc., and some sort of brand-hierarchy.

Well branded clothes don't measure how well you can carry your self. It may be odd to think that there may be some hint of insecurity lying somewhere beneath what clothes can cover, but it could be true. It is pretty much apparent that apart from the face, the way we dress is something that catches the eye. Maybe some are trying to portray how clothing could be a fallback of not being blessed with good features because honestly, a person in white shirt, jersey shorts, and slippers could break necks. But this is not a matter of getting attention.

Clothes do not make a person any less opulent or stark. It's a matter of effortless representation of oneself. And It would not cost anything.

P.S.

I would still splurge on music gears even if it means having to wear rugged ripped jeans and shirt with holes.

Labels:


Leave me a rose | 0 roses left.